Shut-off after 60 seconds Bitlocker

Anonymous
2013-10-24T14:21:58+00:00

Hi,

When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T23:18:20+00:00

    Thanks very much for this suggestion! I had also done a few Google searches, strange enough I had not come across this link. I'm going to ask Gigabyte, the manufacturer of my motherboard, about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T18:32:05+00:00

    I've checked around, and there are a few people experiencing this problem. The change log for BIOS updates on some systems implies that this might be fixed by a BIOS update: see, e.g., http://ebookily.net/txt/wwwfujitsucom-136652684.html.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T15:22:05+00:00

    Still haven't found a solution, but I'm pretty sure my power supply and the hdd are OK, there is no overheating, and disabling BIOS power saving options also didn't affect it. I swapped the psu and hdd (with different models) to see if they are the culprit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-06T22:01:07+00:00

    I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-25T08:10:42+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately I have already followed all the steps you provide. The drive is already fully encrypted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments