windows 8.1 won't go into sleep mode,

Anonymous
2013-10-28T15:21:29+00:00

Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-13T21:29:05+00:00

    This is not a solution nor anything new. The plus adjacent to "sleep" reflects the same exact value one can set via the Control Panel. It's nothing more than an alternate path to the same exact option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-15T16:31:49+00:00

    I disabled my wired network adapter (on a desktop without a wireless adapter) ... and the computer promptly went to sleep as scheduled. 

    I then went in and re-enabled the network card and the sleep function seems to continue to work per schedule.

    Very interesting!

    Any change to sleep schedule and I have to repeat the process of disabling and enabling the network adapter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T03:38:55+00:00

    I hope you and e everyone else who has been effected by this issue, has had the same satisfying result of seeing this now repaired and solved. See here for more http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/after-upgrading-to-windows-81-sleep-mode-will-not/7ce1f070-37d6-4385-a794-46ab6a1a343d?page=4#LastReply

    A huge Thanks to all whom have provided this update and worked so hard to resolve this issue.

    Hope this helps

    Have a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-23T23:03:39+00:00

    I may be wrong but I think Microsoft finally fixed the problem with it's last update. At least it seems that they did.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments