windows 8.1 won't go into sleep mode,

Anonymous
2013-10-28T15:21:29+00:00

Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T17:51:32+00:00

    I installed the update but didn't fix my problem.  My computer still won't go to sleep on it's own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-06T04:31:57+00:00

    Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>

    I fixed my sleep problem ! 

     1-Go to "power options" in Control panel ,

     2-then click on "change when computer goes to sleep" ,

    3-then click on "change advanced power settings"

    4-, in the next window go down the list and click on the plus beside "sleep"

    ,5- then click the plus beside "sleep after" and change it to the desired time

    ,6- then click apply !

     Worked for me , hope this helps !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-06T11:53:19+00:00

    @Gregsmithv92c

    Nice to see that the steps that others have attempted before reporting this issue has worked for you. However, many have already attempted this (if you read the threads) and a vast array of other power settings combined with other workarounds and still this error is present. Still no fix as yet.

    Hope this helps

    Have a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-06T13:48:42+00:00

    Hi,

    Will be interesting to see how long it works. I think one thing I did, and it worked for a short time (less than the day) then back to the same thing. I tried changing power settings several times. As stated previously only thing that worked for me was deleting the homegroup.  So it hasn't acted up (thank God) for that last month or when I ever started posting. I always keep up with the updates.

    As with you, no fix as of yet. Not sure if any in MS are reading the thread. I think there was a way to report a bug (don't remember) someone suggested, which I did. Nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-06T14:35:08+00:00

    Yeah, maybe he will be lucky, a few re-starts and the issue will probably return. We first reported this error over three months ago along with others. We have attempted a fast amount of testing, configuring, installing, updating, turning wake/sleep timers on and off and many other workarounds, over 15 boards with some 200 threads and thousands of contributions from various other sources. For those connected to this issue that have attempted everything else the option of disabling network and discovery and leaving the home group is the one option we already do use and works for us, also reported and confirmed, though not a preference does work for others, until a full Microsoft fix is provided it seems the only realistic option, or stay on 8.0/7. Considering, this error is not a security issue plus it only takes under 30 seconds to enable/disable I can not see this being top priority, so we might have a wait on our hands. 8.2 might come first.

    Hope this helps

    Have a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments