Sent them a note, not sure if it will help. I keep checking for updates and having found any yet.
windows 8.1 won't go into sleep mode,
Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-11-11T16:21:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-11-11T14:03:30+00:00 Given that there seems to be little interest from the Microsoft Software Engineers who monitor this forum I would urge everyone to report this issue at
E-mail Microsoft Customer Service
https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1539&lc=1033
-
Anonymous
2013-11-06T20:21:33+00:00 Well, mine is still going to sleep (so far) waiting for HP to call me. Probably MS is having a difficult time to figure out what went wrong. If they know about it.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-06T18:58:37+00:00 The insomniac computer failed to go to sleep again. It seems that the HomeGroup solution is a step in the right direction but can't be relied upon.
I give up!
Where is Microsoft?
-
Anonymous
2013-11-06T13:13:52+00:00 I have been in contact with HP's support, and their case managers are suppose to call me within the next few days. My impression in conversing with them they will be forwarding the information to MS. So far in the last few days my computer has gone into sleep mode properly without the home groups. I guess we shall see.
The IPV6 I have tried on two occasions and that hasn't worked for me. The only solution after several numerous days and tries is to disconnect from the homegroup.
Difficult for me with so many having this problem, that it didn't show up on there trials.