Hi,
Yes... mine is working also. I even loaded an older 8.1 image that had never been tampered with, and it's working properly....
The Update is KB2921066 and is part of the KB2919394 Rollup Feb. 11, 2014. It's specifically for sleep issues...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Yes... mine is working also. I even loaded an older 8.1 image that had never been tampered with, and it's working properly....
The Update is KB2921066 and is part of the KB2919394 Rollup Feb. 11, 2014. It's specifically for sleep issues...
I may be wrong but I think Microsoft finally fixed the problem with it's last update. At least it seems that they did.
I hope you and e everyone else who has been effected by this issue, has had the same satisfying result of seeing this now repaired and solved. See here for more http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/after-upgrading-to-windows-81-sleep-mode-will-not/7ce1f070-37d6-4385-a794-46ab6a1a343d?page=4#LastReply
A huge Thanks to all whom have provided this update and worked so hard to resolve this issue.
Hope this helps
Have a great day!
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I disabled my wired network adapter (on a desktop without a wireless adapter) ... and the computer promptly went to sleep as scheduled.
I then went in and re-enabled the network card and the sleep function seems to continue to work per schedule.
Very interesting!
Any change to sleep schedule and I have to repeat the process of disabling and enabling the network adapter.