I went into the control panel and removed the homegroup. Period. If I have anything to share, my 16GB flash drive works. So now it goes to sleep.
windows 8.1 won't go into sleep mode,
Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-08-01T14:16:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-15T04:58:00+00:00 Hi,
I just checked my notes, and the KB2919394 is a OPTIONAL Update...
This is a "ROLLUP" which includes 10-15 updates, including KB2921066...
KB2921066 will not show up in Windows Updates as a individual Update...
I hope manually installing them does the trick.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-15T04:07:57+00:00 I've checked and for some reason my Win 8.1 PC's are not fetching the above mentioned updates. They are not in the list of updates and when searching for new updates I get the message that no updates are available. Any suggestions?
Updates KB2921066 and KB2919394 not available in some areas perhaps?
I manually installed this update hoping that it solves my sleep issue. Why did this not download with the windows update? I really hope it solves my issue.
-
Anonymous
2014-03-04T21:08:01+00:00 I believed mine updated them. I will have to double check in the history. You can also download those updates under the download section for windows on the Microsoft download site.
-
Anonymous
2014-03-04T18:51:28+00:00 I've checked and for some reason my Win 8.1 PC's are not fetching the above mentioned updates. They are not in the list of updates and when searching for new updates I get the message that no updates are available. Any suggestions?
Updates KB2921066 and KB2919394 not available in some areas perhaps?