You are replying to the wrong person. I am John not Jimmy. In any event we tried that and everything else . But in the interim all fixes have proved useless.
The question now is How do I find out the last time my computer (Windows 7) completed a successful restore from a prior restore p oint?
I am told my system files have been corrupted and I can not do a restore to a prior restore point (System restore failed).No remedy has been found. All suggestions have failed. I am told I have two choices. I'll have to either (1) do a factory reset/restore or (2) restore to a prior date from a Windows system image backup -- not a restore point since the system files used for that purpose are, themselves, corrupted. If I do #1, I'll have to reinstall all programs and go though the nightmare of days of tinkering. If I do #2 the programs and settings will all be there and I guess all I have to do is restore the data (all backed up) and update all my Windows and other updates since them. Naturally #2 is the better choice BUT Catch 22, this latter process will be a waste of time unless I do a restore from a system image created before this problem arose (before the system files were damaged) and who knows then that was?
Obviously, if I could tell when Windows 7 successfully completed the last restore to a restore point I can use the second, easier, option. In Windows 7 pop up tells me when I have completed a system restore from a certain restore point. Is there any record of that event? If I know that date then my work is much easier and I can select the right system image to restore from. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIND OUT THE LAST TIME MY COMPUTER COMPLETED A SYSTEM RESTORE FROM A CERTAIN RESTORE POINT?
Some have said the last successful restore will be in the Event Log but no one knows what to look for. Where is the record of my last system restore to a restore point? Where is it? How do I find it?