Tractor feed printers margin issues in Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-06T16:21:56+00:00

Attempting to print from two different Windows 8.1 systems to three different (2 are the same brand Epson FX-890) tractor feed printers results in the entire document printing but the right margin is about 25-30% in the page resulting in everything printing out of alignment.

I have reinstalled the drivers changed every setting I can think of. I spoke with Epson tech support which referred me to Microsoft Tech Support which is not free. The exact same documents print just fine using these printers on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 we only experience this problem with Windows 8.1 systems.

I know that isn't a lot to go on but thanks in advance for any help, at this point my only option is to revert the system back to Win 8.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T13:45:21+00:00

    Excuse my ignorance, but what does, "not having NxN for a resolution" mean, and how does it relate to an Epson FX80 printer driver becoming compromised?

    Also, as an ongoing followup, who within the hierarchy of Microsoft, where within the hierarchy of Microsoft, does one contact, interface with, get involved with, to look for a solution?

    Although this forum may have the ability to have discussions, I think not that the appropriate persons that need to be alerted to the fact of the issue that something is broken with Windows 8.1 updates/upgrade, and one might think that if the appropriate level of involvement by those who have a direct involvement with such things would assist in find a resolution in a speedier way that posting messages here that don't seem to be attempting to resolve anything within an acceptable time frame......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T20:50:32+00:00

    This apparently is linked to not having NxN for a resolution.  If the driver supports some 144x144 resolution but the default is 120x144, switch to the 144x144 setting.

    I did try that with no success, I was able to get the font smaller but I never could get it to break out of the smaller margins.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T19:58:40+00:00

    This apparently is linked to not having NxN for a resolution.  If the driver supports some 144x144 resolution but the default is 120x144, switch to the 144x144 setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T19:34:07+00:00

    I, on the other hand, need a fix immediately, am very impatient, and expect no less from Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T16:26:27+00:00

    For me Arun, I understand that these things take time and I appreciate your work on getting this resolved. It is important to me that a quality fix comes out rather than a rushed fix. I am in no less need than the other gentlemen posting here but I do not share their impatience.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments