I have exactly the same problem...I use a epson fx-890 with quickbooks enterprise 2013 and office 2007.... what is your sugestion...wait for a fix from microsoft ( if you think is going to be soon ) or go thru all the proces to reinstal everything the way it was before the update to windows 8.1 ?
Tractor feed printers margin issues in Windows 8.1
Attempting to print from two different Windows 8.1 systems to three different (2 are the same brand Epson FX-890) tractor feed printers results in the entire document printing but the right margin is about 25-30% in the page resulting in everything printing out of alignment.
I have reinstalled the drivers changed every setting I can think of. I spoke with Epson tech support which referred me to Microsoft Tech Support which is not free. The exact same documents print just fine using these printers on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 we only experience this problem with Windows 8.1 systems.
I know that isn't a lot to go on but thanks in advance for any help, at this point my only option is to revert the system back to Win 8.
Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-01-06T04:16:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-12-06T21:44:03+00:00 The issue is a core graphics change. Actually the Print Vendors (several including Epson) are absolutely the ones who turned up the heat to get this issue resolved. They have no way to change the graphics code, that's absolutely true. If it was simply a user mode print driver change I am sure they would be all over this issue.
-
Anonymous
2013-12-06T19:26:35+00:00 Thank you 'not' Microsoft, for messing up my customers PC's.
I contacted various printer manufacturers (Oki, Epson), they ALL tell me they are aware of the problem, and that there is nothing THEY can do as it was Microsoft that 'broke' the compatibility of the print drivers with the release of the Windows 8.1 upgrade patch, and that others have contacted them to complain, yet they have no power to do anything because they say Microsoft writes the 'included' (or whatever terminology you want to use to indicate that the drivers are bundled with the OS, etc., etc., etc.) drivers that come bundled with the OS.
Rolling PC's back to Windows 7, eating the labor to save face, reputation, etc., looking for alternative OS'es to sway my customers away from Microsoft (yes, Apple, Linux, etc.).
What's the point of venting here if nothing gets acknowledged or fixed?
-
Anonymous
2013-12-02T18:20:08+00:00 That was one of the first drivers I tried. It also failed.
At the time I talked to a OKI tech he said he had heard nothing of this problem and there were no new plans to roll out a new driver. Granted this was two weeks ago and hopefully someone is working on something.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-24T04:42:21+00:00 Well I tried that too, but didn't work.