Tractor feed printers margin issues in Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-06T16:21:56+00:00

Attempting to print from two different Windows 8.1 systems to three different (2 are the same brand Epson FX-890) tractor feed printers results in the entire document printing but the right margin is about 25-30% in the page resulting in everything printing out of alignment.

I have reinstalled the drivers changed every setting I can think of. I spoke with Epson tech support which referred me to Microsoft Tech Support which is not free. The exact same documents print just fine using these printers on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 we only experience this problem with Windows 8.1 systems.

I know that isn't a lot to go on but thanks in advance for any help, at this point my only option is to revert the system back to Win 8.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-07T08:51:41+00:00

    Hi,

    Depends upon the application settings that is set during the printing process. I would suggest you to check if you are able to print test pages correctly. This issue may occur if the paper size for printing was not set correctly before printing the document.

    Hope this helps!.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments