Tractor feed printers margin issues in Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-06T16:21:56+00:00

Attempting to print from two different Windows 8.1 systems to three different (2 are the same brand Epson FX-890) tractor feed printers results in the entire document printing but the right margin is about 25-30% in the page resulting in everything printing out of alignment.

I have reinstalled the drivers changed every setting I can think of. I spoke with Epson tech support which referred me to Microsoft Tech Support which is not free. The exact same documents print just fine using these printers on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 we only experience this problem with Windows 8.1 systems.

I know that isn't a lot to go on but thanks in advance for any help, at this point my only option is to revert the system back to Win 8.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-15T00:24:28+00:00

    So, what about the fact that April 2014 Windows 8 . x update on the horizon.,......will this break this supposed fix?  It would be sinful to redeploy clients and have to relive the nightmare Microsoft has the history of imposing on its' users.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-14T22:28:22+00:00

    I thought I had updated this thread with a link to the fix for this issue.  Sorry for not posting sooner.

    The graphics rendering fix impacting 9pin devices is in this Win 8.1 Rollup release

    Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: January 2014

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2911106

    specifically

    2914011

    (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2914011/            )

    Update resolves a Windows Store app issue and a printer issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-09T17:15:26+00:00

    I think a bigger solution for your client would be for them to hire someone with enough sense to not roll out a brand new OS on a mission critical system. IT 101.. it's easy to blame Microsoft and I agree this is frustrating but comments like that are completely unhelpful.

    "mission critical"?????????????

    Let's see.  ANY APPLICATION, cannot PRINT! (to a dot matrix printer) as it did so before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-09T13:36:46+00:00

    I think a bigger solution for your client would be for them to hire someone with enough sense to not roll out a brand new OS on a mission critical system. IT 101.. it's easy to blame Microsoft and I agree this is frustrating but comments like that are completely unhelpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-06T15:31:53+00:00

    Well, more than enough time has transpired.  Given the complexity of the issue with Microsoft ignoring their end users, I had to eat the labor to roll back the OS to Windows 7 to make things work for my customer.  Not an acceptable approach.  Regardless of opinions, the bottom line is the pendulum is swinging, and I'm looking to move my customers as far away from Microsoft as possible.  In time, possibly, if Microsoft re-invents itself, some (like my customers) might consider coming back, but why on Earth would a business who depends on specific requirements want to continually be slapped in the face and ignored by Microsoft?  Apple has made great strides in getting users to consider their operating system.  As long as they remain a progressive company and the applications are available for the end users (as in ultimately having the ability to run an application specifically written for Apple platforms, not via VMware, Parallels, etc.).

    So, even with this "blow" as to the total disregard for the end users needs, think about this:  Why would users want a platform that is constantly targeted, compromised, infected, damaged, problematic, etc.?  Windows will die, as will Microsoft, the cow has had every drop of liquid squeezed from it's utters, and as the trust and faith in Microsoft continue to dwindle, think about this:

    Why do you think Bill Gates stepped down?  he saw the writing on the wall, not the fact that he make more money than God, but also (listen real close now)...because when Microsoft was getting sued by the EU for jamming IE in the OS (you know, the whole seperate anti trust thing, yada, yada), Mr. Gates was told by the powers that be to build a back door into WIndows, which he refused to do.  We all know how that turned out, now don't we?

    Might seem a bit off topic, but hey, listen, I give two flying kahoots about Microsoft right about now, so who cares, right?  I'll be switching all of my clients in time to anything except WIndows......and most all of them listen to the Guru.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments