Lumia 520 failure to connect to Store and update apps

Anonymous
2013-10-08T20:25:29+00:00

For the last couple of weeks my Lumia 520 will not connect to Store and will not update apps.  I get the following error messages:

  • When trying to go to Store or update the 16 updates that are available:  "There has been a problem completing your request. Try again later.   Error 805a8011"

  • When trying to download updates:  "801882CB: update couldn’t be downloaded".    Web explanation of this error code is "This is a network connectivity error. Make sure that your device has a good connection to the Internet, through Wi-Fi or Cellular".   I have no problem connecting to wifi (tried in a couple of places) and all apps that require wifi connection work just fine.

  • When I try to get my cell phone to check for updates I get: ****"Error #80072ee7  -  We are currently unable to check for updates"
  • I suspect that the this problem also prevents me from getting the Amber update, which is now available in Canada.

Questions:

  • Why can't I connect to Store and update the apps?  (My date of birth on Microsoft is right)
  • What do I do to resolve this problem?

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Noam

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-23T19:04:28+00:00

    Hi, nanamilz. Is this also for a Lumia 520? You can try checking my post above yours and see if it helps. Those links are applicable regardless of your location. We look forward to your reply.

    By the way, welcome to Microsoft Mobile Community.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-23T18:58:46+00:00

    Hi, sadakhata. Welcome to Microsoft Mobile Community. The reason you're unable to download any app is because you're also unable to access the Store. Is that correct? Any error message or code? Do you have a stable internet connection? You can test its stability by browsing any websites or accessing any internet-based apps. You can also try switching from cellular data to Wi-Fi or the other way around. If you're able to access the Store but still can't download anything, try checking the below links:

    • Common Windows Store error codes

    • I cannot download or update apps from Store. 

    We look forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-21T00:36:03+00:00

    I can't access mine neither

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-20T04:29:47+00:00

    Daisy form Bangladesh.I can't download anything from Nokia Lumia 520 store.will you plz tell me what's the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-10-16T19:12:43+00:00

    Okay so I've had the Nokia Lumia 520 for about an hour now xD Just got it off of my step mum, I have set everything up its just It won't let me sign into my Microsft account. Everytime I try it comes up with the same message 'sorry we cannot connect, make sure you have good reception and if you don't then it must be something at our end' now I've hard reset my phone and it still won't let me connect, I've connected to my wifi and it still won't let me connect. I can sign in on my laptop but  for some reason it won't even let me sign into my account on email either. 😕 Please Help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments