Lumia 520 failure to connect to Store and update apps

Anonymous
2013-10-08T20:25:29+00:00

For the last couple of weeks my Lumia 520 will not connect to Store and will not update apps.  I get the following error messages:

  • When trying to go to Store or update the 16 updates that are available:  "There has been a problem completing your request. Try again later.   Error 805a8011"

  • When trying to download updates:  "801882CB: update couldn’t be downloaded".    Web explanation of this error code is "This is a network connectivity error. Make sure that your device has a good connection to the Internet, through Wi-Fi or Cellular".   I have no problem connecting to wifi (tried in a couple of places) and all apps that require wifi connection work just fine.

  • When I try to get my cell phone to check for updates I get: ****"Error #80072ee7  -  We are currently unable to check for updates"
  • I suspect that the this problem also prevents me from getting the Amber update, which is now available in Canada.

Questions:

  • Why can't I connect to Store and update the apps?  (My date of birth on Microsoft is right)
  • What do I do to resolve this problem?

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Noam

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-16T22:04:47+00:00

    Hi I have a Nokia Lumia 520 and I can't download any games, apps or even any music all it says is the Microsoft account service is unavailable at the moment please try again later what should I do ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-13T17:50:26+00:00

    My son had the same issue, took us ages but eventually found that he had the time and date incorrectly set.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-06T08:22:05+00:00

    I can't download and I can't update it says code error. Please help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. RedSpook-9082 4,765 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-02-24T13:46:25+00:00

    If your PC can see the card, back up the content from card to PC and then format the card in the phone. If it works, restore the content from PC to card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-24T13:25:44+00:00

    My lumia 520 was using a memory card before updating software from amber to black, but now after the update, the phone does not recognise the memory card. All my memory cards can be recognized by other phones, and my pc except for my lumia 520. I tried to use troubleshoot tips by checking the storage check but still the memory card can't be accessed. How can l resolve the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments