Lumia 520 failure to connect to Store and update apps

Anonymous
2013-10-08T20:25:29+00:00

For the last couple of weeks my Lumia 520 will not connect to Store and will not update apps.  I get the following error messages:

  • When trying to go to Store or update the 16 updates that are available:  "There has been a problem completing your request. Try again later.   Error 805a8011"

  • When trying to download updates:  "801882CB: update couldn’t be downloaded".    Web explanation of this error code is "This is a network connectivity error. Make sure that your device has a good connection to the Internet, through Wi-Fi or Cellular".   I have no problem connecting to wifi (tried in a couple of places) and all apps that require wifi connection work just fine.

  • When I try to get my cell phone to check for updates I get: ****"Error #80072ee7  -  We are currently unable to check for updates"
  • I suspect that the this problem also prevents me from getting the Amber update, which is now available in Canada.

Questions:

  • Why can't I connect to Store and update the apps?  (My date of birth on Microsoft is right)
  • What do I do to resolve this problem?

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Noam

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-10T11:08:34+00:00

    do I after rely on Google play store apps to solve these problem for windows phone to work properly??????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-10T11:05:24+00:00

    For the last couple of weeks my Lumia 520 will not connect to Store and will not update apps.  I get the following error messages:

    • When trying to go to Store or update the 16 updates that are available:  "There has been a problem completing your request. Try again later.   Error 805a8011"
    • When trying to download updates:  "801882CB: update couldn’t be downloaded".    Web explanation of this error code is "This is a network connectivity error. Make sure that your device has a good connection to the Internet, through Wi-Fi or Cellular".   I have no problem connecting to wifi (tried in a couple of places) and all apps that require wifi connection work just fine.
    • When I try to get my cell phone to check for updates I get:****"Error #80072ee7  -  We are currently unable to check for updates"
    • I suspect that the this problem also prevents me from getting the Amber update, which is now available in Canada.

    Questions:

    • Why can't I connect to Store and update the apps?  (My date of birth on Microsoft is right)
    • What do I do to resolve this problem?

    Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Noam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T06:39:37+00:00

    my phone not connecting to store

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-26T15:24:55+00:00

    i have but I don't know what to do now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-12T20:03:39+00:00

    This is me right now.  It's getting frustrating!  I just thought it was my phone.  Wish I could help you.  Waiting to see other responses to your problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments