I solved this problem without removing avg on my new HP Laptop. I removed the Synaptics touchpad driver from the PC as part of the uninstall of the driver and no problem. I'm running 8.`1 Windows and the default driver from windows is OK unless you want to upgrade to the latest driver from Synaptics (which I haven't done and has to come from the HP site). To stop the error so you can delete the driver, best to use a usb mouse. (Do not push the touchpad buttons at any point if you want to do this without an independent mouse. Select by touching twice on the pad instead). Bad driver was version 17.0.6.2 and was delivered by HP in the new laptop.
Error Code - Invalid Process Attach Attempt
I have an HP laptop with Windows 8.1 installed (x64)
Ever since installing Windows 8.1, my laptop freezes at random while I'm using it and even CTRL,ALT,DEL doesn't work. So I have to turn it off, and the last time I turned it back on I got the above error with a blue screen. It restarted for me, but then was on a loop and I kept getting this error over and over.
Please help!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for the detailed response. You can place the computer in **clean boot** and manually install Windows Update one after the other and check which update is causing this issue.
Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “Reset the computer to start as usual” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2015-06-13T02:42:42+00:00 Exact same problem. exact same computer and operating system
Do you have norton antivirus on your system by any chance?
-
Anonymous
2015-06-22T04:35:27+00:00 Hi,
I would like to ask you a few questions to help you resolve this issue.
- Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned by the community members?
- If so, what were the results of the troubleshooting steps?
- When was the last time your computer was working fine?
- Have you many software or hardware changes prior to this issue?
Disable Norton Antivirus
Go to the advanced settings in Norton and try to disable anti-virus temporarily and check if there is any improvement.
***Important Note:***Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.
Do reply with the required information. it will help us research more and help you with a response.
Thank You
-
Anonymous
2015-09-01T03:53:06+00:00 You are a life saver. Ive had this laptop for a few months and after the update i was ready to throw it away. Thank you!