I solved this problem without removing avg on my new HP Laptop. I removed the Synaptics touchpad driver from the PC as part of the uninstall of the driver and no problem. I'm running 8.`1 Windows and the default driver from windows is OK unless you want to upgrade to the latest driver from Synaptics (which I haven't done and has to come from the HP site). To stop the error so you can delete the driver, best to use a usb mouse. (Do not push the touchpad buttons at any point if you want to do this without an independent mouse. Select by touching twice on the pad instead). Bad driver was version 17.0.6.2 and was delivered by HP in the new laptop.
Error Code - Invalid Process Attach Attempt
I have an HP laptop with Windows 8.1 installed (x64)
Ever since installing Windows 8.1, my laptop freezes at random while I'm using it and even CTRL,ALT,DEL doesn't work. So I have to turn it off, and the last time I turned it back on I got the above error with a blue screen. It restarted for me, but then was on a loop and I kept getting this error over and over.
Please help!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for the detailed response. You can place the computer in **clean boot** and manually install Windows Update one after the other and check which update is causing this issue.
Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “Reset the computer to start as usual” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2015-01-18T20:08:20+00:00 I'm having the same issues too. However, I've read some things where people are saying it has to do with the Synaptics Touchpad driver not working properly. They suggested you uninstall it and reinstall a new driver from either Synaptics http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php OR if you use Toshiba then here's there touchpad driver http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4003469 One person said they tried the fix and it worked.
I use Toshiba so I'm going to try their Synaptics driver and hopefully I'll never see that error again. Good luck to everyone in fixing this problem.
I have had this problem repeatedly on my Toshiba laptop for the last 6 months: blue error screen as soon as I touch the touchpad logging on, and having to restart several times. No longer, thanks to this tip. I really thought I'd have to buy a new laptop, so thank you enormously!