"Error R6034: An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly." while trying to update iTunes. Tried reinstalling, but get error "Windows error 1114"

Anonymous
2014-01-24T20:07:52+00:00

Original Title: Runtime Error R6034

When I was updating my Itunes library I got a pop window with this message:

Runtime error

Program C:\ Program files (x86)\itunes exe.

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

Please contact the application support team for more information

I tried repairing itunes to no avail and then uninstalled itunes and tried reinstalling it but when I tried to reinstall it I get another error message (Windows error 1114)

Can you help me?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-01-24T23:21:02+00:00

Hi,

This appears to be a new issue that the iTunes users are experiencing while trying to update to the latest version of iTunes in Windows 7. I checked in the Apple support sites and found out that uninstalling iTunes and then reinstalling it by running the installer with Administrator privileges has resolved the issue for many users with similar problems.

You may refer to the replies made by the user turingtest2 in the following threads from Apple Support forums, the steps are properly described there:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24609674#24609674

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24616175#24616175

The steps that were voted as helpful in those discussions are as follows:

First, uninstall each one of these programs from your computer:

  • iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

Then, download and save the iTunes installer by going to this link: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

And finally, reinstall iTunes by running the saved installer file with elevated permissions. Here is how you can do that:

  1. Right click on the downloaded installer.
  2. Click on Run as Administrator.
  3. Click Yes or Continue when Windows asks for your consent.

This should help you resolve this issue. If you are still not able to get the iTunes program working properly, you might also want to post your query in the Apple iTunes Support Forums. Here is the link to those forums:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows

Let us know how it goes. We will be glad to be of further assistance. Thank you and have a good day!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-24T22:48:27+00:00

    When I was updating my Itunes library I got a pop window with this message:

    Runtime error

    Program C:\ Program files (x86)\itunes exe.

    R6034

    An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

    Please contact the application support team for more information

    I tried repairing itunes to no avail and then uninstalled itunes and tried reinstalling it but when I tried to reinstall it I get another error message (Windows error 1114)

    Can you help me?

    I have the same problem--just started.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-24T21:06:15+00:00

    I have had the same problem. Did everything listed above. Also updated Microsoft net framework and that didn't seem to help. Still got the error 7 windows 1114 message after a restart.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more