Cortana on Desktop

Anonymous
2014-04-02T18:51:54+00:00

Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user and enthusiast and love new features that come and go. There is a voice recognition service in Windows 8 and Windows 7 which is really helpful if it recognises your command. The trend for the technology users is shifting towards mobile so it is natural to develop the Windows Phone, I love it.

The thing I was wondering is that why we have no virtual assistance on our desktops? I believe it will boost the image of Windows 8.1 and really help bring people on the Windows Platform. Plus, it will be a great blessing for us.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-06T10:56:27+00:00

    Hallo Dr. HATHURST,

    Thanks for your reply however all I ask for really is:

    Cortana on Win Phone

    Cortana on the desktop

    Cortana on the Tablet

    Cortana on Xbox

    I have decided Windows 10 to a smart person is excellent and easy to use. You will love it!

    Ken REGAN Ph D Crim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-07T00:34:41+00:00

    In my original statement I stated it was on a desktop, as you can read. I personally am still looking for any advantage of Windows 10 over Windows 7 and as of yet I have found none. I worked with the development of Windows 10 before it's release and made several suggestions, and I don't think any of those have been incorporated into Windows 10 as of yet. One thing I suggest now is a good troubleshooter for Cortana and a Windows "fixit" for her as well. I want to learn that Windows 10 is a big step up from Windows 7 and I want to move my 11 desktop and three laptop computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when I find significantly improved capabilities, reliability, stability, ease of use, and protection from malware including viruses, Trojans, Worms, and any other thing that causes Windows 10 to function slowly, poorly, or malfunction, but to date I find I prefer to use Windows 7 until I learn how and when Windows 10 is better. I'm still trying to learn. This is in spite of the fact that you say, "I have decided Windows 10 to a smart person is excellent and easy to use. You will love it." That is one thing you have "decided" but because of you qualifier, "to a smart person" into what you have "decided" I suppose that you imply that those who do not agree with you are not as you say, "a smart person". You may have decided incorrectly. Time, and many computer users will also "decide". As for me loving Windows 10, at this moment that is incorrect. You could help if you can tell me what I need to do to get Cortana to respond to my oral questions using my Logitech microphone? Do you have any help to offer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T08:22:59+00:00

    G'day Dr. HATHURST,

    If you have indeed worked on the development of Windows 10 and have submitted several suggestions regarding Windows 10, then this makes you technologically smarter than I but I do need to understand why these suggestions were not incorporated in the final submission, which is up and running beautifully and I regularly find something else that is useful. I liked Windows 7, but I very tastefully have a much better opinion regarding the installation of Windows 10!

    I am led to believe Cortana is available in Australia now and I wish to add Cortana to my version of Windows 10. No one seems to know or is able to advise me accordingly on this forum!

    La paix et pas de problèmes,

    Ken REGAN Ph D Crim

    International Police Association L/13453/DH Servo per Amikeco (Yours in Friendship)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-09T00:39:51+00:00

    ThE answer to ur question is simply MARKETING.

    MS is doing their best not to do another win8 which they got banged for.They are still fishing for users at a careful approach and implementing everything at once will be too much for average users that's y enthusiast or power users was the target from the jump for business.they will release features accordingly to see what the average user thinks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-09T02:11:43+00:00

    The answer to my question is not one of Marketing; it is of Technical Assistance and MS Advisory. I have no doubt the senior supervisors for MS are asking their people to provide good MS product to world users; however so many users of MS will be very cautious regarding a re vamped Win 8. It was a flop.

    The request from me is still very simple.

    An Australian Version or link to set up:

    Cortana on Win Phone

    Cortana on a desktop

    Cortana on Tablet

    I have decided Windows 10 to a reasonably experienced user is excellent and easy to use. You will love it!

    La paix et pas de problèmes,

    Ken REGAN Ph D Crim

    International Police Association L/13453/DH Servo per Amikeco (Yours in Friendship)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments