Cortana on Desktop

Anonymous
2014-04-02T18:51:54+00:00

Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user and enthusiast and love new features that come and go. There is a voice recognition service in Windows 8 and Windows 7 which is really helpful if it recognises your command. The trend for the technology users is shifting towards mobile so it is natural to develop the Windows Phone, I love it.

The thing I was wondering is that why we have no virtual assistance on our desktops? I believe it will boost the image of Windows 8.1 and really help bring people on the Windows Platform. Plus, it will be a great blessing for us.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-15T08:52:55+00:00

    I am with you all as well! I love and use Siri regular as well as Google voice search via Chrome on my Desktop in Windows 8.1.1 - and I also agree the inherent speech recognition is older technology and I do not find it nearly as effective as the other two.

    I would LOVE to get Cortana on my Desktop version of windows. It would instantly remove my need for Chrome on my Desktop and enhance user experience in most all input aspects of Windows 8.1.1

    I am now accustomed to using speech recognition 90% of the time on my mobile for entering messages, emails, asking questions, setting appointments, setting timers, making calls, running applications, etc.

    Adding to Windows 8.x would be the smart move in my opinion and get people to flock to Windows 8.x

    Ed Parry

    Computer Geek since 1981

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-14T17:52:27+00:00

    I too, would love to see Cortana on Desktop versions of Windows 8.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-13T17:44:47+00:00

    Of course that is the point! Enabling Cortana on all devices will boost image and also the productivity. I also want to see Cortana writing in Office documents as I speak, that will be XX

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T21:27:59+00:00

    I agree.  I would like to see Cortana on the desktop.  I would like to see it synced with Cortana on all my devices so that no mater whether I was on my phone or sitting at my desk I could interact with Cortana.

    This would be a big differentiator between Windows and OSX and iOS or Android.

    Cortana on Win Phone

    Cortana on the desktop

    Cortana on the Tablet

    Cortana on Xbox

    You have the code, just open Visual Studio and port it to all platforms.  :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments