I'm a little shocked to see that Cortana for desktop is available in Europe and China now but not in the places which got Cortana alpha for phones before Europe and China (that is, Australia, Canada, and India), save for the UK of course.
Cortana on Desktop
Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user and enthusiast and love new features that come and go. There is a voice recognition service in Windows 8 and Windows 7 which is really helpful if it recognises your command. The trend for the technology users is shifting towards mobile so it is natural to develop the Windows Phone, I love it.
The thing I was wondering is that why we have no virtual assistance on our desktops? I believe it will boost the image of Windows 8.1 and really help bring people on the Windows Platform. Plus, it will be a great blessing for us.
Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-03-19T00:56:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-03-19T00:29:31+00:00 It's part of Windows 10. Finally! I've got a couple of machines running the preview now but Cortana on Windows 10 still needs much improvement.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-18T23:46:11+00:00 And that's why Microsoft is Microsoft and Apple is Apple. There isn't anyone at Microsoft creative enough to do what we all want. Everyone on this thread wants the same thing, and I would bet a large sum of money that no one at Microsoft even reads this or gives a sheeeeet if they did.
Gates stole Windows from Jobs and not a whole lot has changed since.
Actually, Microsoft is adding Cortana to Windows 10. Test builds already have Cortana integrated. Sorry, but MS did listen and are even allowing users to be part of the Insider program to give feedback.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-18T23:36:10+00:00 And that's why Microsoft is Microsoft and Apple is Apple. There isn't anyone at Microsoft creative enough to do what we all want. Everyone on this thread wants the same thing, and I would bet a large sum of money that no one at Microsoft even reads this or gives a sheeeeet if they did.
Gates stole Windows from Jobs and not a whole lot has changed since.
Actually, in my opinion, even though I love Apple products and everything about them, I believe that Jobs stole ideas from Gates. BTW, this is my opinion, so please no one lash out on me if they are die hard Apple.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-18T23:32:37+00:00 I totally agree, It should become the new Siri, if it already isn't. w/ voice commands and a logical usage of it, like in Word documents and in things like that. I wish my laptop could have some of the commands like on the commercial about the Windows phone Cortana.
First World Problems