Cortana on Desktop

Anonymous
2014-04-02T18:51:54+00:00

Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user and enthusiast and love new features that come and go. There is a voice recognition service in Windows 8 and Windows 7 which is really helpful if it recognises your command. The trend for the technology users is shifting towards mobile so it is natural to develop the Windows Phone, I love it.

The thing I was wondering is that why we have no virtual assistance on our desktops? I believe it will boost the image of Windows 8.1 and really help bring people on the Windows Platform. Plus, it will be a great blessing for us.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-13T19:02:06+00:00

    It dawned on me while driving my Fission that we need Cortana on Sync.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-11T21:06:16+00:00

    RELAX!

    it might be coming in Windows 9...

    or whatever the upcoming version of Windows is called.

    Check out the leaked image below. Could Cortana be hiding in there somewhere? Stay tuned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-10T04:49:41+00:00

    Microsoft PLEASE!!! have this in the works, I think it would aggrevate apple and android because the world still uses pc more than any thing. I am a windows guy gamer everyday user this is something the competitors wouldnt be able to touch buy far, imagine talking to cortana with a head set and hearing her voice on speakers, even asking her to start up call of duty for me while I make a pot of coffee. help me with resumes that would be a dream come true really

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-26T20:04:24+00:00

    I was just doing a search on this very thing and found this forum. I hope Microsoft looks at this. The point such as having a larger base to improve the algorithms is spot on. I just started school at ECPI and will have to write a good amount of papers. Being able to dictate what I want to say would be wonderful. Does anyone know who we could send the request to. For it to at least be on their radar as a potential new feature? There have been plenty of times I've said to myself. This would be a great feature. But I never had a clue as to who to reach out to Microsoft and say hey. Have your teams thought of this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-24T19:56:15+00:00

    It will

    1. Fix the hatred of Windows 8 (hopefully)
    2. place you above Apple
    3. Place you above Android
    4. Allow you to advance Cortana's algorithms with a larger user base to work with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments