I am having this similar problem with Window 10. My internet up/down speeds degrade from 25/25 Mbps to 15/10 Mbps after 2 to 3 hours of running TD Ameritrade's Thinkorswim program. After I shut down and reboot my computer, the internet speeds go back to 25/25 Mbps.
My Dell desktop configuration is:
- Window 10, 64-bit Operating system
- Intel i7-920 2.67 Ghz 4-core processor with 6 GB RAM installed
- ATI Radeon 4600 Series 512MB graphics
- Dual monitors
- Window
- managed graphics: 512 MB min/3328 MB max
- installed software: Office, Spotify, Thinkorswim, Vsee and Teamview
- My Thinkorswim system graphics is set at 512 MB/4096 MB, min/max
I don't know how to configure my desktop to automatically drop the old streaming data after certain period to free resources. I tried manually increase my desktop virtual memory to 5000 MB and it didn't help. All I know now is to reboot my desktop periodically.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Larry