Windows 8.1 Hangs on Start Up

Anonymous
2013-10-28T16:19:35+00:00

Hi

Since I have installed 8.1 ( I was running version 8 previously and upgraded from 7 before that ) when I switch my pc on it starts to boot and then hangs.

It hangs at the point where the dots are spinning in a circle.. just stops completely and I have to hold the power button in to force it to power off and then switch it on again.

When I switch it on it seems to boot fine the 2nd time...

Quite annoying and only started happening with Windows 8.1

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-17T19:46:02+00:00

    Same problem here, with a fresh installtion of 8.1, disable hybrid boot did the trick. No need for hybrid cause of SSD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-23T19:15:31+00:00

    Same problem for me.. and this tip helped. Tk's

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-23T18:34:31+00:00

    Hi HungHoang, Try disableling Fast Start-Up.

    Gaggenau

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-23T17:40:04+00:00

    I have the same problem too.

    I have no option that revert to windows 8 which worked fine before. 

    Please fix this bug...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-23T02:02:44+00:00

    Hi Michael,

    I had the same problem like you and Gary. I solved the problem by disableing the fast start-up.

    Try it out. I wish you good luck.

    Gaggenau

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments