Same issue happening here, but my usage is around 25%.
This needs to be resolved soon. There is no reason that the cpu should be running like this all the time.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So far the update to Windows 8.1 has gone very well. I have, however, noticed an issue on ONE of my PCs that's been updated.
The SkyDrive Sync Engine Host process in Task Manager is constantly consuming 12 - 15% of the CPU. Now all of my files that I've chosen to sync have already synced properly. The 'Size' and 'Size on Disk' match for all of the folders I've marked to sync offline.
I've rebooted the PC and, upon restart, the process goes right back in to its CPU consumption.
I will note, that even though the CPU consumption is up, the Network Utilization is not. So it can't be constantly downloading or uploading anything since it's not using the network.
Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Thanks in advance.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same issue happening here, but my usage is around 25%.
This needs to be resolved soon. There is no reason that the cpu should be running like this all the time.
I just updated to W8.1 two nights ago and instantly started having this issue. It's slowing my computer down and that's how I got Google to send me here.
I tried the fixes listed above and am having this same issues as the OP.
hi
i have the same problem. i have 2 machines with windows 8.1 & this doesnt happen on one. what give?/ but this is very annoying thoug. this is more frequest now. earlier it used to happen 1-2 times day, but now it happens everytime i add a file to my skydrive
High time the microsoft addresses this issue asap
It resolved itself here, I had the problems for a month, maybe it was a Windows update so make sure you are all up to date.
I initially thought the process restarted after waking from sleep, this was not correct, it also restarted while using the system, somewhere between 1 - 2 hours after killing the process it restarts.
I'm having the same problem. It always uses 20-25% of my i5 cpu...
Does someone know how to fix this?