Has anyone noticed that the Search Indexer is sometimes sucking big CPU, too? I ask because between the Skydrive Host and the search indexer my CPU gets pretty locked at 99% no matter what else may or may not be running.
Ending Skydrive host also seems to release the Search Indexer.
I am only on a core 2 6600 with 8gb ram and a 250gb SSD but I have been battling the search indexer problem for many months but it has only been since I spotted the Skydrive activity that I have seen a way to consistently unlock the search indexer without just ending it.
I do use OneNote 2010 and have some of my notebooks on the skydrive and I have noticed that some older notebooks always have sync errors but I have never gotten around to figuring out what to do about it. From the suggestions I have seen about the Skydrive sync issues, I am now wondering whether some of these high CPU problems may be due to sync issue stemming from OneNote and possibly other MS products that are integrated into Skydrive background access. I can certainly see how having to keep Excel spreadsheets synced to my SkyDrive or other office content could be the underground connection.
As for the "syncing" blue circle on the cloud, my status is always saying "synced 1 second ago" when it is happening. Once this stops, the cpu usage falls back to normal.... for awhile.