SkyDrive Sync Engine Host

Anonymous
2013-10-19T14:50:56+00:00

So far the update to Windows 8.1 has gone very well. I have, however, noticed an issue on ONE of my PCs that's been updated.

The SkyDrive Sync Engine Host process in Task Manager is constantly consuming 12 - 15% of the CPU. Now all of my files that I've chosen to sync have already synced properly. The 'Size' and 'Size on Disk' match for all of the folders I've marked to sync offline.

I've rebooted the PC and, upon restart, the process goes right back in to its CPU consumption.

I will note, that even though the CPU consumption is up, the Network Utilization is not. So it can't be constantly downloading or uploading anything since it's not using the network.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-14T12:48:46+00:00

    It continues to tell my that "We can't connect to your SkyDrive because the path of a file or folder is too long.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-13T22:21:34+00:00

    Guys.. this is the answer... it works for me..        

    Glad it worked for you. It doesn't work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-13T21:11:26+00:00

    After hours of searching etc. I found the fix or at least for me.

    Go to your "Task Manager" and close both SkyDrive services.

    Next, go to Windows Explorer and navigate to:

    C:\Users%USER%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SkyDrive

    Delete the "SkyDrive" folder after backing up your SkyDrive date elsewhere. (just encase.  This is just a settings folder but any corrupted files will go missing after this.

    Do this t all computers using the same account.  Takes a few minutes or so depending on your account size.  It will start with nothing then quickly fill in with all your files from the cloud.

    Note: %USER% is replaced with your windows login; you will recognize I when you get to the user folder area i.e. C:\Users\

    Hope this helps.  :)

    Guys.. this is the answer... it works for me..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-13T21:10:29+00:00

    This worked for me. Thanks a TON!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-13T19:30:02+00:00

    The cloud icon came out on the patch Tuesday for this month.  Tuesday, Feb. 11th.  Since then I can't get my SkyDrive to work correctly.  A dozen of the icons will appear if I step away and the process keeps restarting.  I have tried the troubleshooter to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments