Windows 9 Beta Testing

Anonymous
2014-03-26T00:26:52+00:00

Hello.

My name is Logan, and I am a student programmer with a little bit of experience in VB, Java, and C# under my belt so far. 

I'm very interested in beta testing Windows 9 (code name "Threshold") just as I beta tested Windows 8 a few years back.

There are rumours circulating that Windows 9 may be release later this year, or early next year, which means that beta testing of Windows 9 should start soon, if not already, and I can't seem to find a single piece of information on how to legally obtain a copy of Windows 9 beta, or even where to look or listen for when it does become available.

If anybody knows anything whatsoever about this subject, please reply to me.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-26T14:42:57+00:00

Stop paying attention to rumors.

When MS is ready for Beta testers. they'll announce it at www.microsoft.com and not before they're ready.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-31T21:07:50+00:00

    Windows 8 was a little to get used to but it wasn't junk.  Windows 9 will bring back the start menu and apps will run like programs.  You should not switch to apple because for one you will only be able to get half of the programs that windows gives and it ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-07T20:15:33+00:00

    Current estimates place the Windows 9 beta version to be available for downloading on September 30, 2014. When the beta version is available we should easily find the links to the download on microsoft.com and countless review sites (simply Bing for the beta).

    I am anxious to try the beta to see what new features will be added, and whether the new features will better support my customers' software. I run several different operating systems on different computers so that I can stay up to date on how the latest OS versions handle older software, so for me Windows 9 is both a curiosity as well as an occupational necessity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-08T00:38:57+00:00

    I did a few RC's in the past with great success and since I'm in the process of building a new machine, I'd try it out on that.  Still gathering components so I can wait for the RC1 release.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments