Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello.
My name is Logan, and I am a student programmer with a little bit of experience in VB, Java, and C# under my belt so far.
I'm very interested in beta testing Windows 9 (code name "Threshold") just as I beta tested Windows 8 a few years back.
There are rumours circulating that Windows 9 may be release later this year, or early next year, which means that beta testing of Windows 9 should start soon, if not already, and I can't seem to find a single piece of information on how to legally obtain a copy of Windows 9 beta, or even where to look or listen for when it does become available.
If anybody knows anything whatsoever about this subject, please reply to me.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
Stop paying attention to rumors.
When MS is ready for Beta testers. they'll announce it at www.microsoft.com and not before they're ready.
Rocko -
I can't disagree with most of what you've said but the way I "work", I almost didn't even notice the start menu was gone (Win 8) and I never added 3rd party anything. I launch everything from a spreadsheets.
Which brings up another sour point regarding MS Office after 2003. I'll explain using the Camtasia videos. If I hyperlink to an on-line video at Techsmith, the hyperlink works perfectly, but I can't immediately go to 4:22 in a 7 minute video. If I download the video and hyperlink to it, I get a very annoying warning that it may contain a virus. Since when is it Excel's job to act as an agent for MalwareBytes or MSE? STUPID. And I CAN'T get rid of the warning (nor can thousands of others). Actually there was a registry fix for Office 2002 and 2003, but nothing works for my Office 2010. Had MS fixed it in Office 2013, I'd have popped for it, but according to the blogs, the problem persists.
So I define all the hyperlinks in Excel, then copy whole sheets to Open Office's (Apache 4.0) "Calc" which works flawlessly and without the constant nagging.
As an added bonus, the hyperlink rows can contain a lot of amplifying info. So if I have 500 documents in a folder, I might only have 25 'high priority' HL pointers active. Easy to use, easy to maintain, easy to adapt to the next version of Windows.
I've never minded being eventually forced into a new version. Think of the XP developers - having to keep it going for 12+ years. Have you ever stayed with a project for a decade? MS's greatest fault is their unwillingness to listen to users. The kids who developed Excel may have been well intentioned with the warnings, but they've obvious never used their own product in a business environment else they'd have known Ed's rule #1: Once you've established a work "motion", never stop the flow for anything except nearby fires and explosions AND WARNINGS DISRUPT WORK FLOWS !! <end rant>
LOL I agree.... I went to 8 and was like Oh wow tablet much.... I'm on a gaming pc. I quickly went back to 7 and my computer is crying for 9. T>T so tired of waiting for a new OS.
MS will most likely release a CTP (Community Technical Preview), or a beta of Windows 9, before they release it. The CTP or beta should come out later this year, or early next year. I beta tested Windows 8 too, highly anticipating to test the Windows 9 beta when It comes out.
Windows 9 beta source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09/24/windows-9-announcement-set-for-next-week-microsoft-exec-reveals/