Windows 9 Beta Testing

Anonymous
2014-03-26T00:26:52+00:00

Hello.

My name is Logan, and I am a student programmer with a little bit of experience in VB, Java, and C# under my belt so far. 

I'm very interested in beta testing Windows 9 (code name "Threshold") just as I beta tested Windows 8 a few years back.

There are rumours circulating that Windows 9 may be release later this year, or early next year, which means that beta testing of Windows 9 should start soon, if not already, and I can't seem to find a single piece of information on how to legally obtain a copy of Windows 9 beta, or even where to look or listen for when it does become available.

If anybody knows anything whatsoever about this subject, please reply to me.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-26T14:42:57+00:00

Stop paying attention to rumors.

When MS is ready for Beta testers. they'll announce it at www.microsoft.com and not before they're ready.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T20:35:35+00:00

    You're welcome and good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T20:58:29+00:00

    You're welcome

    J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-17T21:14:27+00:00

    You know, here's the thing.

    Win 8 / 8.1 OS is good but the User Interface really Bites.

    When it came out it was met with much resistance. Why? Because the UI was so difficult to understand and use.

    Windows 7 introduced us to compatibility issues which most of us overcame by jumping through hoops and finally turning down the risks factors.

    Now I'm not opposed to the Windows 8 / 8.1 OS but I am totally <Removed> at their  User Interface.

    Oh so many times I hear about FREE start menus supplied by third party utilities.

    Oh, yes I have used them but if they are that easy, why can't Microsoft provide them for us?

    Why does Microsoft make us pollute our computers just to get back what they took away?

    Windows 8 caused me to purchase three laptops running Windows 7. I bought 2 more and loaded them with Linux Ubunto and Suse Linux. Why?

    Because if I have to learn a new UI, I might as well learn more.

    It's no secrete. Long time Windows users just wanted their familiar desktop and start menu. But Windows 8 <Removed> them all.

    You know, Windows is NOT the operating system for the Internet. The Internet runs in Unix.

    Most people don't know there is a difference between the 'Internet' and the 'World Wide Web'.

    That's OK.

    Windows does provide an easy way to access the Internet and the World Wide Web.

    I've been told that Windows 9 will return us back to the familiar desktop.

    That Windows 9 will restore the familiar start menu.

    Believe what you want.

    Microsoft, Windows and every hardware manufacturer will force you to use what they produce.

    It doesn't matter if you're a Windows Lackey or just another confused customer. You will be exposed to things unfamiliar from now on.

    Are you up to the challenge to confront Microsoft or simply bend to their will.

    We are at that point.

    We made Microsoft Wealthy beyond any dreams.

    Do we accept what they want us to use or find alternatives?

    Speaking only for myself. I'm not here on this planet to make Microsoft any richer. Are you?

    Choices are limited by, guess who, Microsoft but those who use and understand computers, the world is WIDE open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments