Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello.
My name is Logan, and I am a student programmer with a little bit of experience in VB, Java, and C# under my belt so far.
I'm very interested in beta testing Windows 9 (code name "Threshold") just as I beta tested Windows 8 a few years back.
There are rumours circulating that Windows 9 may be release later this year, or early next year, which means that beta testing of Windows 9 should start soon, if not already, and I can't seem to find a single piece of information on how to legally obtain a copy of Windows 9 beta, or even where to look or listen for when it does become available.
If anybody knows anything whatsoever about this subject, please reply to me.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
Stop paying attention to rumors.
When MS is ready for Beta testers. they'll announce it at www.microsoft.com and not before they're ready.
I told one of the beta test techs what I thought of Windows 8 and not everyone is going to have a touch screen so they better have a way to switch it back to a Windows 7 GUI. He told me how to get something similar but it wasn't even close! I told him Windows 8 was going to be a bust because people would not want their computers to look exactly like their smart phones and tablets. He disagreed and said it would be easier to navigate Windows 8 since most people are already familiar with their tablets and phones' interfaces. I still disagreed. Well.......................I was right like so many of the other beta testers out there. Microsoft has listened but the question is HOW MUCH???
The new menu looks good to me. It retains the best touch optimized interface (metro) asked allows quick navigation to desktop.
The two interfaces should communicate, bookmarks, documents and pass words should be shared across both interfaces.
Hopefully metro office is not far away.
When did Microsoft take away the desktop? I use it all the time, right alongside Modern, and have done so since 8.0 was released in 2012.
And you should be warned that you're not getting the old Start Menu back - its a new version, incorporating elements of the Screen. You may find it as the menu was (personally I find the Screen more useful than the any incarnation of the menu), but you should be warned, it still isn't going to be the same as before.