Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello.
My name is Logan, and I am a student programmer with a little bit of experience in VB, Java, and C# under my belt so far.
I'm very interested in beta testing Windows 9 (code name "Threshold") just as I beta tested Windows 8 a few years back.
There are rumours circulating that Windows 9 may be release later this year, or early next year, which means that beta testing of Windows 9 should start soon, if not already, and I can't seem to find a single piece of information on how to legally obtain a copy of Windows 9 beta, or even where to look or listen for when it does become available.
If anybody knows anything whatsoever about this subject, please reply to me.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Here are the "Latest Rumors" the article on pagestart.com references information from a very reliable source:
http://www.pagestart.com/win9latestnews08131401.html
J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com
Stop paying attention to rumors.
When MS is ready for Beta testers. they'll announce it at www.microsoft.com and not before they're ready.
Windows 8 isn't a Junk. In my group and between my clients I tried Windows 8 first, and found very interesting advancements over to last windows version. Just in few weeks of its launch, between my groups and clients more then 90% percent people switched to Windows 8, and every one is very happy to use it. Even Apple Mac OS or Linux OS can't do things in such great way and with min hardware that Microsoft technologies can do.
I would suggest that before making any comment please do a full review.
And the last nothing is garbage, Nor Windows neither MAC or Linux. Every thing is output of dedicated hardworking.😊
Hi,
Update
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/microsoft-windows-threshold-event-to-be-held-sept-30-report-says/
Have you thought of joining Microsoft Connect > Windows Powershell
There may be a few positives re Win 8, but not many at least when compared to Windows 7. In Win 7, I have 100% control. I can choose to not use a pagefile.sys, nor a hiberfil.sys. My PC wakes in less than 1/2 second, (about 20 seconds for win 8 - Both PCs i7s, 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD). And by eliminating those files, I have eliminated almost 100% of the unnecessary writes to my SSD boot drive greatly enhancing its likely life span. Also when you say Windows 8 boots faster than ( ? ), are you using identical hardware in that comparison? My two computers are nearly identical and I just don't see an apples to apples difference.
I'm retired and 99% of my PC use centers around learning. For example, as I develop a Camtasia video on screen #1, on screen #2, I can simultaneously watch a "how to" downloaded Camtasia video, take notes in notepad, ask questions in Google and generally give myself the best opportunity to improve my Camtasia skills. Windows 8 wasn't / isn't nearly as adaptable to my needs, but I am hopeful Windows 9 will correct 8's shortcomings and will volunteer to Beta it.