Everything is too small -- windows 8.1 not allow me to enlarge entire interface?

Anonymous
2013-11-28T03:29:25+00:00

I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and the entire interface--every app, every dialogue box, every icon, etc--is too small on this high resolution (3200x1800) screen.  The size of the mouse pointer was the only thing I could increase to an adequate size.

In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display I've specified EXTRA LARGE (200%) for all items. 

It's still too small.

Is it possible that Windows (I have 8.1) isn't keeping up with screen resolutions and I need to just wait for a Windows update?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-17T06:53:08+00:00

    happened to me too.

    Just bought Yoga 2 Pro 2 days ago, the default settings were fine.

    today while using everything suddenly jumped smaller on my desktop. Start screen was not affected.

    Solution is to go to swipe from right in desktop mode -> settings -> control panel -> display -> ""=make text and other items larger or smaller" -> custom sizing options -> 300% -> apply settings

    that should fix it.

    I really love my Yoga 2, but this hiccup was a real scare.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-22T03:15:59+00:00

    Microsoft - when are you going to address this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-20T14:07:40+00:00

    expensive equipment plus OS... hear hear ...

    so,  what happen next.. Microsoft?.  should we try another, like reboots a couple times? :)

    Please helps..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-04T05:18:31+00:00

    I have the same problem with my Yoga Pro 2. Everything is fine when the "Change the size of all items" option is set to the largest (the recommended size) and then I open an application like Matlab or  Kinetis Design Studio. Everything is way too small to make anything out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-05T01:38:36+00:00

    New Person, same problem: My Dell is only days old (2/4/2015)and I'm having the same problem.  Could it be a corrupt driver when it's brand new?  I don't have may programs downloaded on it now.  I went to "display" and "change size of all items" bar is slid all the way to "larger".  It was defaulted this way.   No software or hardware changes were made since it's brand new and I haven't used it much or downloaded much.  Answers?  thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments