I have a Yoga 2 13" as well with the same problem, it especially bad with going through the remote desktop application. This makes the whole reason for getting this machine useless. We bought this for the options that it gave us however most of those options are not even view-able. I hope there is a quick fix for this coming.
Everything is too small -- windows 8.1 not allow me to enlarge entire interface?
I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and the entire interface--every app, every dialogue box, every icon, etc--is too small on this high resolution (3200x1800) screen. The size of the mouse pointer was the only thing I could increase to an adequate size.
In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display I've specified EXTRA LARGE (200%) for all items.
It's still too small.
Is it possible that Windows (I have 8.1) isn't keeping up with screen resolutions and I need to just wait for a Windows update?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-15T01:09:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-01-30T02:27:25+00:00 How will this be fixed?
Hello! what I did to make mine readable was configuring resolution to 1080 x 1920 and on the scaling options set it to 125%
This is not actually a fix as the idea is to be able to read windows at full resolution. But at least you'll be able to read the toolbars and menus.
Hope this helps ;)
-
Anonymous
2014-01-29T05:10:51+00:00 Also - I have been on with MS Support, and they literally made up an answer. They told me that it was because the Yoga 2 uses Windows 8.1, not Windows 8 and that everything was smaller because of this. He encouraged me to uninstall the whole operating system and buy Windows 8. I like Windows 8 a lot, but their support is atrocious. I can't imagine that Microsoft would have such unskilled, untrained employees helping consumers purchasing high end laptops.
-
Anonymous
2014-01-29T05:06:08+00:00 I am having the same issue and it's a HUGE problem! Things are nearly impossible to see. I bought my employee an HP laptop, also 13.3", and her normal appearance of the main screen, icons, toolbars, etc. is probably 30% larger than mine! I'm so jealous. How will this be fixed?
-
Anonymous
2014-01-22T16:27:57+00:00 I have the same issue on the same computer. Everything feels much too small when I am using the desktop.
I also have a yoga 2 pro and having this problem. As MSabot15 says, I understand this is a Microsoft misconfiguration and they should fix it in future (please not in a long time! this is an expensive computer and it is a really anoying issue)