Everything is too small -- windows 8.1 not allow me to enlarge entire interface?

Anonymous
2013-11-28T03:29:25+00:00

I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and the entire interface--every app, every dialogue box, every icon, etc--is too small on this high resolution (3200x1800) screen.  The size of the mouse pointer was the only thing I could increase to an adequate size.

In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display I've specified EXTRA LARGE (200%) for all items. 

It's still too small.

Is it possible that Windows (I have 8.1) isn't keeping up with screen resolutions and I need to just wait for a Windows update?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-06-09T13:08:42+00:00

    It's a public build, but even that one has been superseded (even again by another update yesterday). They're working hard to crank out all the bugs before the full release to everyone in July.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-09T12:15:30+00:00

    You have the new build link to perform tests on my machine ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-04T01:10:51+00:00

    About a week ago they released a new window insider test build that we're told has fixes to improve this issue, but I've not tested it myself yet. I'm afraid to install an insider build on my Surface. But the update comes out to the public this July in the antifreeze anniversary update, so we will know then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments