Hi Shawn.
You're talking about apps, but what about something that is native in WIndows like "Remote Desktop"? When I got connect, it looks so small.
Best regards
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and the entire interface--every app, every dialogue box, every icon, etc--is too small on this high resolution (3200x1800) screen. The size of the mouse pointer was the only thing I could increase to an adequate size.
In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display I've specified EXTRA LARGE (200%) for all items.
It's still too small.
Is it possible that Windows (I have 8.1) isn't keeping up with screen resolutions and I need to just wait for a Windows update?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Shawn.
You're talking about apps, but what about something that is native in WIndows like "Remote Desktop"? When I got connect, it looks so small.
Best regards
There's nothing Microsoft can do to "solve this". You’ve seen this if you’ve ever owned a Retina iPad or iPhone and you had to 2x scale an app to make it fill the screen, resulting in a slightly-blurry app. At least until the app developers released high-res versions.
Until whatever company built that program re-builds it using larger icons and visuals, you'll continue seeing the small size. Microsoft can't fix it for them without making it blurry by enlarging it, and you can do that if you want with the scale options, but Microsoft can't rebuild everyone else's apps for them. If all they have is small graphics and fonts, then they need to update their program just like all the iPhone apps did.
So Microsoft......why the heck are you not solving this issue....Freakin Microsoft support told me pay $99 or $149 to fix the issue....Really? I just got my laptop today....
Yes, the steps I suggested above in your control panel will alleviate the problem of being unable to use that dialog. After you perform those steps, some of the UI may be a bit small to be comfortable, so you will likely want to change it, finish what you need to do, then change it back to how it was before.
This issue is preventing me from downloading several applications.
Below is the dialog box to enter an authorization code for an IBM stats package. Without this, it won't function and I won't be able to further science.
I am able to highlight the teeny tiny box but it won't let me type/paste anything in. Any solution to this mighty formatting balls-up?