Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred.

Anonymous
2014-02-25T17:53:26+00:00

Hello,

The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.

I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.

I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.

I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:

"Remote desktop connection.  An internal error has occurred."

It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.

Please advise.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-28T19:05:56+00:00

To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:

Open RDP

Enter the IP address of the remote computer

Click Show Options

Click Experience

Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped

Click Connect

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-27T12:26:19+00:00

Please close the case.

I fixed it.

It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-20T07:18:24+00:00

    Hello Gouri,

    Thank you for sharing information with us.

    I hope that steps provided by you may help other Windows users.

    I appreciate it.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-02T09:03:07+00:00

    Hello Todd,

    Thank you for letting us know the resolution.

    I hope this may help other users facing same issues.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-16T19:54:03+00:00

    I have had this problem in the past. I managed to resolve it by running "sfc /scannow" and flushing the dns "ipconfig /flushdns" Should do the trick.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments