To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.
I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.
I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.
I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:
"Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred."
It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
Please close the case.
I fixed it.
It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.
In my case, the issue was being caused by asymmetric routing. The solution was to turn off one of the two NICs.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hello,
Thank you for your response.
Apart from suggestions provided by PineHut, you may also post your question on TechNet forums to get better assistance from IT professionals.
TechNet forum
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro
Thank you