To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.
I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.
I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.
I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:
"Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred."
It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
Please close the case.
I fixed it.
It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.
Hello Kenneth,
Thank you for your update on the issue!
We are glad to know that you found a resolution to the issue. Your effort to work on this issue is greatly appreciated.
Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be glad to assist you.
Thank you.
I'm having a similar issue. What was the resolution?
I'm having a similar issue. What was the resolution?
Here too!! What was the solution?