To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.
I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.
I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.
I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:
"Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred."
It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
Please close the case.
I fixed it.
It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.
I could remote from my laptop but not my desktop. I tried the change to DHCP lease and then I couldn't remote in. I will have to drive to the office to reset it back.
I was able to connect from my other computers but not my new Windows 10 installation. I tried setting to DHCP lease and now none of my computers can establish a VPN connection.
Hello,
Thank you for the response.
I would suggest you to try using suggestions in this article and check.
Refer:
Update for RemoteApp and Desktop Connections feature is available for Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2830477
Also see:
Remote Desktop Connection: frequently asked questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8
I hope this information helps.
Thank you