To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.
I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.
I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.
I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:
"Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred."
It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
Please close the case.
I fixed it.
It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.
I have had this problem in the past. I managed to resolve it by running "sfc /scannow" and flushing the dns "ipconfig /flushdns" Should do the trick.
Hello Todd,
Thank you for letting us know the resolution.
I hope this may help other users facing same issues.
Thank you
Hello Gouri,
Thank you for sharing information with us.
I hope that steps provided by you may help other Windows users.
I appreciate it.
Thank you