Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred.

Anonymous
2014-02-25T17:53:26+00:00

Hello,

The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.

I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.

I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.

I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:

"Remote desktop connection.  An internal error has occurred."

It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.

Please advise.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-28T19:05:56+00:00

To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:

Open RDP

Enter the IP address of the remote computer

Click Show Options

Click Experience

Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped

Click Connect

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-27T12:26:19+00:00

Please close the case.

I fixed it.

It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-04T21:38:55+00:00

    Is there meanwhile a fix for this, I am having the same problem.

    RDP from W10 to a remote SBS2011 server via SonicWall Global VPN Client does not work: internal error occured. Prior to the W10 upgrade it worked fine on Win7pro. I did changed nothing on the server and on the VPN config.

    From laptop, which is still on Win7, the VPN client and RDP working still fine to the same server.

    The issue must be with Win10 (and the VPN client) ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T19:57:28+00:00

    Anyone have a fix for this? Having the same problem on Windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-16T00:44:18+00:00

    I uninstalled and reinstalled SonicWall and it worked once.   As soon as I restarted W10 SonicWall would connect but RDP wouldn't.  I tried restoring my system and uninstalling updates but that didn't work.  Frankly, I can't use W10 if I can't RDP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments