To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.
I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.
I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.
I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:
"Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred."
It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
Please close the case.
I fixed it.
It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.
I first turned off the Persistent bitmap caching in the remote desktop options and that got rid of the internal error message. Now, the connection kept disconnecting and reconnecting.
I changed the MTU to 1400 from 1500 and now the remote connection is steady.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Thanks Todd,
Connecting with the IP worked for me.