Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I need to use the legacy firewire drivers for my system.
Windows 8 does not have this driver anymore and it does not allow the installation of the driver files from a Windows 7 system due to driver signing.
The only way to get the driver to install is by enabling test mode and disabling something else. This results in a screen watermark.
Can Microsoft please provide a signed version of the Legacy driver? It would cure headaches for a big chunck of audio engineers who choose to use Windows.
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
Hi Frans,
Do you mean your Canon device was visible in your video app before updating the driver and after the driver update it was no longer visible?
Please try to see if the device is enumerated by looking at the device manager. Also try to rescan the hardware change if necessary.
No i was upgrading from Vista, where it werked perfect. The same camera and program. (Magic 17)
Now i run win 8.1 and installaed the legacy upgrade , because the old driver didn,t work.
In the window Apparaten is the canon camera visable. Only communcating with the camera in magic, pinacle,windows moviemaker is not posseble.
Frans
Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
I have a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit system. I could not even get the installer to load, it just disappeared after I double-clicked on it. A check in device manager told me that I still have the old 2006 Microsoft 1394 driver installed and a file check does not reveal that the existence of any new .inf files from this installer.
I am using a Firewire-based audio interface for my PC, and the results have been very sketchy since I upgraded to my new Windows 8.1 machine. I appreciate Microsoft's spirit, but why won't this file even open for me?
Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
I have a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit system. I could not even get the installer to load, it just disappeared after I double-clicked on it. A check in device manager told me that I still have the old 2006 Microsoft 1394 driver installed and a file check does not reveal that the existence of any new .inf files from this installer.
I am using a Firewire-based audio interface for my PC, and the results have been very sketchy since I upgraded to my new Windows 8.1 machine. I appreciate Microsoft's spirit, but why won't this file even open for me?
Koichi Hirao,
All steps made you asked. but still no connection with fire wire. (Legacy drivers installed and chozen the lagacy driver in Apparaten
Frans Dieleman