Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I need to use the legacy firewire drivers for my system.
Windows 8 does not have this driver anymore and it does not allow the installation of the driver files from a Windows 7 system due to driver signing.
The only way to get the driver to install is by enabling test mode and disabling something else. This results in a screen watermark.
Can Microsoft please provide a signed version of the Legacy driver? It would cure headaches for a big chunck of audio engineers who choose to use Windows.
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
Hi,
I have tried to have my device use this driver by using the manual driver update in device manager . However whenever I come to the end of the steps I receive the message Windows has determined that the device has the most up to date driver. This is not the legacy driver and I cannot get round this issue.
How can I have Windows 10 not automatically determine the driver for me and so allow me to install the legacy driver?
Best rgds
Grant
OK for those of you who are having trouble with the installer and can not run the KB2970191 download...
So trash these:
_1394bus2.sys
_legacy13942.inf
_Legacy13942.cat
_ohci13942.sys
so
_1394bus1.sys becomes 1394bus.sys
_legacy13941.cat becomes legacy1394.cat
_Legacy13942.inf becomes Legacy1394.inf
_ohci13941.sys becomes ohci1394.sys
View Signature
View Certificate
Install Certificate
Choose between “Current User” and “Local Machine”
Choose “Automatically select the certificate store, or you can store based…”
Press “Finished”
Select install
Hope I wrote this up clearly and accurately. My brain is fried after working on this for hours. Hope it works for you.
Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
I am another one of the people that runs the msi installer only to have it run momentarily with no effect.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970191
despite of given instuctions i fail to install
Windows 8.1 - Legacy Firewire Drivers
the wrong driver is always "the best" with no choice to install legacy driver. I have troubled with Sony HDV1E and Windows Single Language x 64