Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I need to use the legacy firewire drivers for my system.
Windows 8 does not have this driver anymore and it does not allow the installation of the driver files from a Windows 7 system due to driver signing.
The only way to get the driver to install is by enabling test mode and disabling something else. This results in a screen watermark.
Can Microsoft please provide a signed version of the Legacy driver? It would cure headaches for a big chunck of audio engineers who choose to use Windows.
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
We have made the legacy 1394 driver available to download for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 today. Please see the blog below and instruction on download/manual installation.
thank you,
Koichi Hirao [MSFT]
I have read of people using the .dll's out of windows 7 and running those, but I have not tried it, nor do I know if they work any better than this driver. I should have never upgraded to win8... waste of money and time and HUGE headaches trying to work through these audio issues. For us - this driver did actually improve our situation, but it's still not near where we need it to be.
No I haven't used any other drivers. If you discover one please share! But at this point I believe the firewire audio issue resides within the Win 8.1 environment somewhere. I hate to go through a full install of Win7 but I think that's where I'm at. Unless I want to shell out a ton of cash for a USB 3.0 multi input audio interface for recording.
I have a home recording studio where I record, mix, master audio. My firewire device is a Presonous Firepod - FP10 and my PC is Win 8.1.
When selecting the Firepod as the output audio device the audio sounds slightly scratchy and poppy every few bars. This occurs no matter what playback software I'm using. Even selecting the test option from "playback devices" produces the scratch/pop. I have not experienced any improvement with the legacy driver.
Have to either try Windows 7 or Mac. Haven't had the issue with Win7 in the past.
Thank you for the reply! Have you used other legacy drivers to fix your issues? At this point, I'm thinking of 'upgrading' to Windows XP!!! lol
I have a home recording studio where I record, mix, master audio. My firewire device is a Presonous Firepod - FP10 and my PC is Win 8.1.
When selecting the Firepod as the output audio device the audio sounds slightly scratchy and poppy every few bars. This occurs no matter what playback software I'm using. Even selecting the test option from "playback devices" produces the scratch/pop. I have not experienced any improvement with the legacy driver.
Have to either try Windows 7 or Mac. Haven't had the issue with Win7 in the past.