I finally got the update KB2919355 to install. It required me to uninstall my Internet security. Just disabling it did not work. Had to be uninstalled, install Windows update, then re-install the Internet security. This might work for others too.
Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install
Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install? I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-16T11:59:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-16T12:12:50+00:00 Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck on that method either. Glad it worked for you.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-16T19:18:35+00:00 I got KB2919355 to install. I then installed kb2932046 . Everything seemed to be normal, but it is not listed as an installed update. Is that because it is really part of KB2919355?
-
Anonymous
2014-04-16T20:00:45+00:00 Joe,
If you go to Control Panel [right click bottom left corner] then Windows Update, you can click on View Update History and it will show you which kb file(s) installed, including your kb2932046. If you see yours installed, then you are in good shape. On that same screen, if you click on "installed updates" and go to the windows section, it will show only the kb number of the entire package that gets installed. I believe I also read that property someplace in a Microsoft Bulletin for kb2919355. I have not done any programming for some time so I'm not sure why a sub file and the package file would have the same number but there must be a reason. My problem is that the "package" kb2919355 is shown as installed (and seems to be working just fine) but I can tell via Windows Update and manual downloading that kb2932046 has never successfully installed. Wish I could help you more.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-16T20:50:21+00:00 Thanks, that was a big help. kb2932046 is installed. Now, for the rest of them.