Sorry to try to understand, KB2919355 will not install on my Dell Inpresion 660 8.1 64bit system. When I try to it just hangs up hrs. Windows Standalone installer package, says not compatable for this system. Kb2919442 was auto updated (installed) 3/28 So is my problem that KB2919355 will not install is because KB2919442 is already in the system, I had Remote Accest from Microsoft Assure look at it no, luck, I had Dell tech support try to install w/ remote also no luck, New program from Dell, Click to fix installed from Dell, which said download was checked and completed still not showing up in system. MS and Dell checked for proper ver. of system, Why standalone installer not right for system 8.1 64x or bit I don't know? Can I download on flash drive and copy or move? Where and how if possible? Please help, many treads of this problem, I'm not a PC geek and don't where else to go. Thank You.
Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install
Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install? I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-11T12:52:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-11T07:11:28+00:00 Windows 8.1 Update 1 must be installed in a specific order. Installing in a unknown order can have adverse effects, don't do it.
Thank you for getting back to me Andre. As for your response, the first four times the update failed was using Windows Update. Can I assume Windows Update will have tried to install it in the right order? The prerequisite KB2919442 was installed on March 12th, using Windows Update, so I assume that one was OK as well. I did not try to hack it in any way; I searched on line for solutions and found your post from someone else with this problem. I did try installing the update in the order you suggested and it still failed KB2919355. So, no attempt made to install in the wrong order.
Frankly, this is not good at all! For Microsoft to issue an update on which the ability to get any future updates depends, without the install being absolutely guaranteed, is not good enough. This is not the only thread with this problem, so I am not the only person with the issue.
Any help will be gratefully accepted.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-10T15:28:38+00:00 Windows 8.1 Update 1 must be installed in a specific order. Installing in a unknown order can have adverse effects, don't do it.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-10T15:08:40+00:00 I have the prerequisite KB2919442 installed. I have followed the options described in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/windows-update-error-0x80073712 but KB2919355 still will not install. The error code is not always the same: I have had 8007312, 800F0902 and 80070005.
I am down to trying a "refresh" on my PC, so if there is a better way to resolve this issue, I would very much lie to hear it. I have two other Windows 8.1 PC's in the house both of which updated without problem.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-09T19:17:34+00:00 I, too, already had the KB2919442 installed.
KB2919355 installed fine
I could not get KB2932046 to install but went ahead and installed the others.
Can I uninstall 7592 and 8439 and try again, or will that really mess things up.
And thanks for such a quick response.