I finally got the update KB2919355 to install. It required me to uninstall my Internet security. Just disabling it did not work. Had to be uninstalled, install Windows update, then re-install the Internet security. This might work for others too.
Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install
Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install? I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-16T11:59:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-16T11:33:10+00:00 Just to let Microsoft know, as requested, that my questions still have not been answered. I have tried hints in this thread as well as those in the other thread dealing with kb2919355 and error code 80073712. My computer does appear to be running all of the advertised updates using mouse and keyboard even though the Feature Pack kb2932046 is not installed. I suspect kb2932046 applies to touch screens and since I do not have one, that particular kb is not necessary for me? I would still like to get it installed in case it's needed for future updates/patches starting May. kb2932046 appears to install but at the very end it says "failed." I am "really" dating myself, but I seem to remember a similar situation where a file would be read from or saved to a cassette tape and it would fail due to a "check sum?" error. Could there be a similar situation here where a byte/bit is somehow getting dropped or missed? And yes, I did say cassette tape. TRS-80 era :-)
-
Anonymous
2014-04-12T18:36:54+00:00 Quick question: Could an error in the code of KB2919442 (released before April 8, 2014) be causing the 80070020 and 80073712 error codes when downloading and/or installing KB2919355?
-
Anonymous
2014-04-12T17:16:35+00:00 I have been having the same problem with downloading KB2919355. My KB2919442 was automatically downloaded with Windows Automatic Updates on March 15, 2014. I have tried to uninstall it so that I could download KB2919355, but the Control Panel will not let me. An attempt to uninstall it through the Command Prompt (Admin) resulted in the message "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2919442) is required by your computer and cannot be uninstalled." (By the way, I have a Windows 8.1 Update x64 on my system.)
-
Anonymous
2014-04-12T00:37:49+00:00 From your recommended install order, I have numbers 1, 2, 4, and 5 installed and all of the advertised new Windows 8.1 Update1 features seem to be working just fine. I know 3, 4, and 5 are feature or supplement packages so I suspect their order of installation doesn't matter. Can you tell me exactly what features 3 (kb2932046) is supposed to provide? I do not have a touch screen, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that, otherwise I would be having problems. Will I be able to get new updates next month if that file is not installed? If yes, then I'll just hide the update and be done with it.
Thanks.