The Microsoft Support page is what I had seen before. However, the "View Update History" should show every subfile of the package. Glad everything is working for you. Best wishes.
Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install
Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install? I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-19T21:44:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-19T19:12:11+00:00 Jim134, thanks for your replies to my posts! Much appreciated!
Yes, the new Task Bar feature at the bottom is activated and the Store icon is in the Task Bar. I forgot to mention these features in my previous post.
I received an answer to a question I posted regarding the other KBs that I need to download. The poster included links to the missing KBs (KB 2932046 and so on). Again, when I tried to download these KBs I received a message that these are already downloaded. I take it that these KBs are sub-downloads of the KB2919355 and/or KB2919442 and therefore are not listed in the Update History list in the Control Panel. I wish they would 'separate' these if this is the case. I found this note in the Microsoft Support page:
Note Windows Update will offer and installmultiple packages under KB2919355. However, there isonly one update entry KB2919355 in Programs and Features*. You can also use the DISM command to verify the installation or uninstallation of the update.*
I think I'm good to go (hoping).
Thanks again and best regards!
-RSJR77
-
Anonymous
2014-04-19T01:05:58+00:00 The power and search icons are supposed to be the indication that the update is installed. You should also be able to move your cursor clear to the bottom of the Start Screen and bring up the Task Bar. Store icon may or may not already be on taskbar. If it's not and you can pin it there, then it looks like you've got it installed. As mentioned, it sort of looks like the installer, or history, is giving false info. Enjoy the new features :-)
-
Anonymous
2014-04-19T00:49:42+00:00 RSJR77
There was a new update that came out shortly after the initial release of Update 1 so that could be the new file you are listing. I am on a 32 bit system so the number might be different. Iinstalled it and it took my Norton 360 completely down. Only way I could get Norton back was to uninstall that new update.
My KB2932046 tries to install but fails at the end YET my system seems to be running correctly with all of the advertised features. Have you checked to see if your computer has any of the new features. If so, then maybe the history update is giving false info to the installer????
Agreed, this is a mess. I like the new features but this update has been a little on the frustrating side.
I do have new features but I wouldn't know if I have them all. For example, the search symbol and power options are now next to my name in the top-right corner of the Start screen and when I add something in the search box a window drops below with suggestions to what I'm typing. Also, if I open an app and go all the way up to the top of the screen with the 'arrow' I now get a 'close' box and 'minimize' symbol in a ribbon at the very top right that expands across the very top of the screen. I'm not using a mouse so I haven't tried the improvements made via the updates for using a mouse and my laptop isn't a touch screen.
-Cheers.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-18T23:20:48+00:00 RSJR77
There was a new update that came out shortly after the initial release of Update 1 so that could be the new file you are listing. I am on a 32 bit system so the number might be different. Iinstalled it and it took my Norton 360 completely down. Only way I could get Norton back was to uninstall that new update.
My KB2932046 tries to install but fails at the end YET my system seems to be running correctly with all of the advertised features. Have you checked to see if your computer has any of the new features. If so, then maybe the history update is giving false info to the installer????
Agreed, this is a mess. I like the new features but this update has been a little on the frustrating side.