Windows 8.1 Feature Pack kb2932046 (part of kb2919355) won't install

Anonymous
2014-04-09T17:35:38+00:00

Tried downloading 8.1 update via Windows update on 8 March and kb2919355 failed to load citing corrupt or missing file. Went to Microsoft Download center and searched for kb2919355 which brought up several sub files. I was able to successfully download and install all but the kb2932046 . Any idea on how to get it to install?  I am on an original Windows 7 32 bit computer which has been upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and then to Windows 8.1, all via download. I thus have no DVD, USB etc to do a refresh, which I don't wish to do anyway. I've already tried the Updater Tool Fix and the DISM procedures suggested by Windows Update with no luck. As far as I know, I've not moved any directories. Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T22:48:10+00:00

    Robert,

    I think this is what you wanted.

    Jim

    PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-WindowsPackage -Online | Sort-Object InstallTime | Format-Table InstallTime, PackageName -AutoSize

    InstallTime           PackageName                                                                           

    -----------           -----------                                                                           

    8/22/2013 7:23:00 PM  Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.9600.16384             

    9/30/2013 3:49:00 PM  Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~6.3.9600.16384

    9/30/2013 4:02:00 PM  Package_for_KB2883200~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.18                                  

    9/30/2013 4:02:00 PM  Package_for_KB2894179~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    10/17/2013 7:21:00 PM Package_for_KB2891214~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    11/13/2013 2:00:00 PM Package_for_KB2900986~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.2                                  

    11/13/2013 2:08:00 PM Package_for_KB2868626~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.2                                   

    11/13/2013 2:08:00 PM Package_for_KB2887595~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.2.0                                   

    12/10/2013 9:24:00 PM Microsoft-Windows-CameraCodec-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.9600.16453            

    12/10/2013 9:24:00 PM Package_for_KB2913152~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    12/10/2013 9:25:00 PM Package_for_KB2904266~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.1                                   

    12/10/2013 9:28:00 PM Package_for_KB2893294~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.1                                   

    12/10/2013 9:28:00 PM Package_for_KB2903939~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.2                                

    1/14/2014 6:28:00 PM  Package_for_KB2904440~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.1                                   

    1/14/2014 6:30:00 PM  Package_for_KB2913270~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.1                                   

    1/14/2014 6:39:00 PM  Package_for_KB2911106~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.3                                   

    2/11/2014 9:14:00 PM  Package_for_KB2901125~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    2/11/2014 9:14:00 PM  Package_for_KB2901128~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    2/11/2014 9:15:00 PM  Package_for_KB2843630~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.3.0                                   

    2/11/2014 9:16:00 PM  Package_for_KB2898868~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                              

    2/11/2014 9:17:00 PM  Package_for_KB2923528~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.1                                   

    2/11/2014 9:20:00 PM  Package_for_KB2923768~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    2/11/2014 9:20:00 PM  Package_for_KB2912390~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.3                                   

    2/11/2014 9:20:00 PM  Package_for_KB2916036~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.2                                   

    2/11/2014 9:29:00 PM  Package_for_KB2919394~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.3                                   

    3/12/2014 12:04:00 PM Package_for_KB2919442~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.8                                   

    3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM Package_for_KB2894853~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.3                                   

    3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM Package_for_KB2925418~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.4                                   

    3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM Package_for_KB2928680~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.2                                   

    4/8/2014 7:29:00 PM   Package_for_KB2942844~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    4/9/2014 12:36:00 PM  Package_for_KB2933809~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.3                                   

    4/9/2014 1:21:00 PM   Package_for_KB2938439~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    4/9/2014 1:34:00 PM   Package_for_KB2934018~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.5                                  

    4/9/2014 1:45:00 PM   Package_for_KB2937592~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    4/9/2014 11:51:00 PM  Package_for_KB2919355~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.14                                  

    4/10/2014 11:05:00 PM Package_for_KB2957390~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    4/20/2014 1:44:00 PM  Package_for_KB2959977~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.1                                   

    4/30/2014 9:55:00 PM  Package_for_KB2961887~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    5/1/2014 11:57:00 PM  Package_for_KB2964358~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0                                   

    5/6/2014 12:31:00 PM  Package_for_KB2962140~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.3.1.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T22:42:39+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T22:36:40+00:00

    p.s. How do I post the actual results. Get error saying too many characters for message

    Every time I want to Copy and Paste something from Powershell I need to first Paste it into Notepad to make it plain text and then recopy from there.  Does that help?  If you're Pasting in here use the Create Table button to give it a border; it may also help to use the Format: Code block option once it is in there.  Otherwise if it seems too big post it to your OneDrive in a Public folder and post a link to it.

    HTH

    Robert


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T21:06:44+00:00

    Since 9th of April, I "hide" the 2919355 update {actually the KB2932046 ) and other updates have come through. I do "unhide" and try again when another "idea" comes up. Once I get directions on how to post the Powershell results, You'll get them.

    Thanks,

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-10T20:54:15+00:00

    Robert,

    I found Powershell and think I figured out how to use it enough to get you what you requested. If not, let me know and I'll try again.  There's got to be a way to copy the info, other than snipit.

    I see one BIG difference:

    KB2919533 on my method shows installation of 11:51 AM

    KB2919533 on  Powershell shows installation of 11:51 PM

    If the time is my local time, the Powershell PM can't be correct because I'm not up that late

    Thanks.

    Jim

    p.s. How do I post the actual results. Get error saying too many characters for message

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments